Inspired by Queen of Sheba’s offering of peace to King Solomon, The World Peace Caravan is both symbolic of peace as well as a call for people from all over the world to come together to develop a greater understanding and respect for one another. This amazing experience includes cultural, historical, educational and entertainment events that will be sure to create memories that last a lifetime. The caravan begins on December 15, 2015 in Petra, Jordan and concludes 12 days later in Jerusalem. Come join us for all or part of this extraordinary world peace mission!
A Modern Vision of Peace
The World Peace Caravan and World Peace and Health Conference were created by D. Gary Young to promote a vision that peace today is more than just a laying down of arms. True world peace is more encompassing. It begins by accepting that although we are all different, we have many of the same basic needs. World peace not only includes a desire for disarmament but also ensures people, especially children, have food, clean water, shelter, medical facilities, equal rights, education, and the technology needed to be successful. It also means taking care of our environment for generations to come. To be, “At peace,” a broader focus must be involved.
Most important, this modern view of world peace realizes that the youth of the world are the leaders of tomorrow. As a society, we must not only take care of our youth’s basic needs but facilitate opportunities for them to become a part of the solution. The World Peace Caravan will provide a forum for today’s youth to express their vision of world peace, become a part of the world peace process and help prepare them to lead their vision.
World Peace Caravan highlights include:
- Uniting people from around the world in an opportunity to travel, share meals and learn together on a camel caravan designed to challenge them physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Daily educational, historical and cultural activities will be provided.
- Form a World Peace Caravan Youth Delegation and provide a platform for them to voice their vision for world peace and educate them on how to make their visions a reality.
- Hosting the World Peace and Health Conference bringing peace advocates, educators and entertainers from around the world to highlight this modern vision for world peace.
- Raising $5,000,000 dollars to assist orphanages, build schools and medical facilities etc. around the globe as well as provide community service opportunities for participants during the caravan.
- Inspiring the world to sign our e-petition for a worldwide cease fire during the 12-day World Peace Caravan. We will present it to the United Nations when we reach 1,000,000 signatures
- Host a Peace Walk in Jerusalem allowing the citizens from around the world to share a moment of peace together in an area where true peace is sought by many.
- Create a Grand Wrap Up Celebration Concert that will inspire the world to embrace and continue this modern vision of world peace.
World Peace Caravan to Arrive in
Bethlehem on December 25, 2015
New travel dates align with founder’s original vision
Lehi, UT, October 11, 2013—D. Gary Young, the World Peace Caravan founder and CEO of Young Living Essential Oils, has announced a new departure date for the World Peace Caravan. Originally scheduled to depart in March of 2014, the peace mission will now begin on December 15, 2015, and finish on December 26, 2015. It will symbolically arrive in Bethlehem on December 25at the Bethlehem Peace Center with a peace walk to Jerusalem on December 26 followed by a grand Wrap Up Celebration.
Jay Anderton, Director of the World Peace Caravan, commented, “The unrest in Syria had many people closely involved with the mission uncomfortable with the March 2014 travel date. There was an undeniable energy in the group that the dates and the year were just not right. The Board of Advisers and team members have embraced the new dates because they align with Gary Young’s original vision of the caravan arriving in Bethlehem on December 25. ”
The World Peace Caravan is a 12-day camel caravan departing from Petra, Jordan, traveling to Jerusalem, Israel. It is a multicultural experience in which people of all faiths, ethnicities, and backgrounds travel together to promote respect, compassion, and a greater understanding for one another. The World Peace Caravan is designed to challenge participants on many levels—physically, emotionally, and spiritually—while encouraging an environment of learning. Evening campfires will include speakers and entertainers from around the world enlightening participants on a variety of topics.
The caravan will rest from December 21 and 22 to attend The World Peace and Health Conference at the King Hussein Bin Talal Convention Center on the Dead Sea in Jordan. International speakers, peace advocates, and health professionals from around the world will educate, motivate, and enlighten participants during the three-day event. For more information or to register for the World Peace Caravan, please go to worldpeacecaravan.org or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inspired by Queen of Sheba’s offering of peace to King Solomon, The World Peace Caravan is both symbolic of peace as wel...